- FDA certified
Atarrah Ghana Ltd. is a social enterprise created to empower widows economically and develop and promote the value chain of agricultural and non-timber products indigenous to Northern Ghana.
“To alleviate poverty and social exclusion among widows, their children and orphans through the cultivation of indigenous products and economic empowerment.”
- Provide and increase income levels of widows
- End social exclusion of widows and orphans
- Promote environmental sustainability
Why focus on widows?
- Widows are often viewed as outcasts in society, leaving them socially and economically excluded.
- Widows face a violation of basic human rights, often seen as “witches”.
- After losing their husbands, widows endure suffering that leave them in dire health and economic situations.