BRIEF COMPANY HISTORY & INFO:
SeKaf Ghana Limited is a Ghanaian owned and operated social enterprise that produces unrefined organic and conventional shea butter as well as shea-based bath and beauty products under the brand name TAMA®. The Company is based in Tamale in northern Ghana, an underdeveloped region with limited economic opportunities. SeKaf has a dual objective of producing high quality products, while improving the economic status of rural women through sustainable employment and education. SeKaf Ghana Limited is a global supplier of natural and affordable shea-based bath and beauty products sourced through an ethical an environmentally friendly supply chain.
The company aspires to become Africaʼs largest manufacturer of certified organic and fair trade shea butter-based bath and beauty products and to provide customers with affordable, high quality, natural personal care products which are made with certified organic and fair trade shea butter while helping to lift indigenous women out of poverty.
QUALITY CERTIFICATES: FDA, GSA, ECOCERT, USDA, SGS
- ECOCERT certified
- USDA Organic certified
- Registered with Ghanaʼs Food and Drugs Authority
- Accredited by the Ghana Standards Authority
- Has passed stringent SGS international standards
SUCCESS STORIES TO SHARE:
SeKaf collaborates closely with the SeKaf Shea Butter Village women’s cooperative and currently buys shea nuts from approximately 5,000 women creating employment opportunities in the process. The company has also expanded operations with the acquisition of a new Shea Butter processing factory in Tema which has a monthly production capacity of 60 metric tonnes.
The TAMA brand is currently distributed in several countries including Ivory Coast, Kenya, Togo, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Bulgaria, Canada but to mention a few. Locally, TAMA products are currently available in all major retail outlets nationwide.
- Winner ‘Most Innovative Product of the Year 2019′(Northern Business Excellence Awards)
- ‘Premium Quality Shea Butter Products of the year 2018′(Made In Ghana Awards)
- Best Toiletries & Cosmetics Company Of The Year- 2016(Association of Ghana Industries Awards)
- Outstanding Marketing Campaign Award- 2015
- Indigenous Product of the year- 2014 (Ghana Made Awards)
- Best Marketing Campaign Award- 2014